Carbon and alloy steel energy tubular products, including line pipe, tubing, and casing, finished or unfinished, welded or seamless, having a nominal outside diameter from 2.375 inches (60.3 mm) to 60 inches (1,524 mm) (with all dimensions being plus or minus allowable tolerances contained in the applicable standards), heat treated or not heat treated, regardless of length, wall thickness, surface finish (coated or uncoated), and end finish (plain, bevelled, threaded, or threaded and coupled), in all grades, meeting or supplied to meet American Petroleum Institute (API) 5L, API 5L-B, API 5CT, Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Z245.1, International Standards Organization (ISO) 3183, American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) ASTM A333, ASTM A106, ASTM A53-B or their equivalents or enhanced proprietary standards, whether or not actually certified or stenciled, whether or not meeting specifications for other end uses, including single-certified, dual-certified or multiple-certified, for use in oil and gas, piling pipe, or other applications.
For greater certainty, the product definition includes casing and tubing that are referred to as "green tubes" in the industry. These are formed tubes with the requisite chemistry and dimensions of casing or tubing, but that require further processing before they may be used in a well. They are included in the definition above as unfinished, non-heat treated, or plain end pipe. The finishing required may be heat treatment, threading, coupling, testing, or any combination of these processes.
The definition excludes:
- Drill pipe, pup joints, couplings, coupling stock, galvanized or stainless steel line pipe, and casing or tubing containing 10.5% or more by weight chromium;
- Submerged arc longitudinal welded line pipe, regardless of grade, outside diameter and wall thickness, in lengths of 60 feet (18.288 m) with no girth welds for exclusive use in slurry or tailings piping systems in oil sands projects and marked "For Use as Slurry/Tailings Pipe Only"; for greater certainty, use in a pipeline meeting CSA Z-662 or as pressure piping meeting CSA B51 Code is not permitted under this exclusion;
- Submerged arc longitudinal welded line pipe, regardless of outside diameter, wall thickness and length, for exclusive use in high-temperature steam distribution pipelines and marked "For Steam Distribution Only", certified to meet the requirements of CSA Z662-15 Clause 14 or Annex I and certified to have proven fatigue and creep test properties as provided in sections I.2.3.2 and I.3.2.1 of CSA Z662-15 as established by means of a creep test of no less than 10,000 hours carried out in accordance with ASTM E139;
- Unfinished seamless carbon or alloy steel line pipe in the form of mother tubes having outside diameters of 184, 197, 210, 235, 260, 286, 328, 350, 368, 377, 394, 402, 419, 426, 450, 475, 480, 500, 521, 530, 560, 585 or 610 mm, in wall thicknesses from 9 mm to 110 mm and in lengths ranging from 7.72 m to 15.24 m, not stenciled as meeting any line pipe product specification, but imported for use in the production, and not solely for finishing, of seamless line pipe made to any one or several of API 5L, CSAZ245.1, ISO 3183, ASTM A333, ASTM A335, ASTM A106, ASTM A53 or their equivalents;
- ASME SA 672 or ASME SA 691 electric-fusion welded steel pipe as certified under the ASME "Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code" rules (and stencilled with at least one of the aforementioned standards), of a length not to exceed 15 feet (4.572 m), for use other than in a CSA Z-662 pipeline application and imported with authorized inspection certificates and applicable ASME Partial Data Reports;
- Line pipe, regardless of grade, outside diameter and wall thickness, single stenciled as "DNV-OS-F101" for exclusive use in offshore applications and marked "For Offshore Applications Only"; and
- Welded line pipe having nominal outside diameters from 18 inches to 24 inches (610 mm) (with all dimensions being plus or minus allowable tolerances contained in the applicable standards), regardless of grade and wall thickness, with a manganese content of no less than 16% by weight, for exclusive use in slurry, tailings, and pressure piping systems in oil sands projects, and marked 'Not for CSA Z-662 Applications'. For greater certainty, use in a pipeline meeting CSA Z-662 is not permitted under this exclusion.
Energy tubular products are commonly imported under the following 10-digit HS numbers:
7304.19.00.10; 7304.19.00.20; 7304.29.00.11; 7304.29.00.19; 7304.29.00.21; 7304.29.00.29; 7304.29.00.31; 7304.29.00.39; 7304.29.00.81; 7304.29.00.89; 7305.11.00.10; 7305.11.00.20; 7305.12.00.10; 7305.12.00.30; 7305.19.00.10; 7305.19.00.20; 7306.19.00.10; 7306.19.00.90; 7306.29.00.11; 7306.29.00.19; 7306.29.00.51; 7306.29.00.59; 7306.29.00.61; 7306.29.00.69
Please note that these HS numbers are illustrative. There may be goods under the listed HS number that do not fall within the product definition, or goods that are imported under a HS number that is not listed but that fall within the product definition.